That's not a lot to go on. The issue is that the default 'inbox' driver that Windows uses for devices like this isn't set up for Generic USB access with libraries like 'libusb.' Install a generic USB driver for your device - WinUSB using Zadig. Run Zadig and click Options List All Devices. Here you can see me finding the ST device within. Requirements and dependencies. Libusb 1.0 - Library for talking to USB devices from user-space. Needed by libftdi. Libconfuse-Library for parsing configuration files. Needed by ftdieeprom.
- Zadig - USB Driver Installation Made Easy
- See Full List On Nuget.org
- K40 Whisperer USB Driver Setup - Scorchworks.com
Zadig is a Windows application that installs generic USB drivers, such as WinUSB, libusb-win32/libusb0.sys or libusbK, to help you access USB devices.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you want to access a device using a libusb-based application
- you want to upgrade a generic USB driver
- you want to access a device using WinUSB
Note:'libusb-based' above means an application that uses either libusb, libusb-win32 or libusbK.
- Zadig 2.5 (4.9 MB)
System Requirements:Windows 7 or later.
Zadig - USB Driver Installation Made Easy
Windows XP and Windows Vista are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.
Download the executable and run it — no installation is necessary.
If elevation is required, you will be prompted for it.
An usage guide for Zadig is available HERE.
The executable is digitally signed and the signature should state: 'Akeo Consulting'
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A Zadig FAQ is available HERE.
To provide feedback, report a bug or request an enhancement please use the github issue tracker. Or you can send an e-mail.
GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3 or later.
You are free to distribute, modify or even sell the software, insofar as you respect the GPLv3 license.
Zadig is based on libwdi which uses an LGPL version 3 or later license.
The executable is produced in a 100% transparent manner, from its public source, using a Visual Studio environment.
- Version 2.5 (2020.03.28)
.catgeneration for some user directories with non western characters
- Fix update check
- Improve error reporting
- Embedded drivers: WinUSB v6.1.7600.16385, libusb-win32 v126.96.36.199, libusbK v188.8.131.52 & usbser (native)
See Full List On Nuget.org
- libwdi 1.3.1 source (320 KB). Includes Zadig in the examples directory.
- Alternatively, you can clone the git repository using:
- For more information, see the github project.